Powtran Ripple Braking Resistor
Where the inverter contains a built-in braking unit and the maximum braking torque is 50% a braking resistor is incorporated .
The Powtran braking unit is mainly used in the inverter controlled motor drive to drop speed, braking positioning, hoisting and declining.
A wire wound resistor is a resistor where a wire with a high-resistivity is wrapped around an insulating core to provide the resistance.
The resistor is a two-terminal electrical device that is used in electrical circuits to resist the flow of electrical current to serve amplification or switching requirements.
The assembly is protected with a layer of paint, molded plastic or an enamel coating baked at high temperature.
1. Suitable for all brands inverter
2. 200V/380V/440V/480V, load power: 0.75KW--110KW
3. It could be paralleled connected, no capacitor limited
4. Suitable for electricity fluctuation conditions
5. Special design
6. Ensure the brake IGBT in saturation;
7. Protection: short-circuit, low voltage, over voltage, fast fuse, over-heated
8. Automatic track during the whole process
9. Noise filtrated within all frequency range, no disturbance to other equipment.
Where an inverter-controlled motor is rapidly decreasing in speed, the load inertia will cause kinetic energy to be transferred into electrical energy and stored in the DC bus. This action will cause a surge of over-voltage.
The Braking Resistance Unit will automatically detect the DC bus over-voltage and switches the energy into the braking resistor. This ensures smooth drive control of the motor during different operating conditions.
For more technical information about the Braking Resistance Unit, prices and lead time call 01543 676792.